Monday, August 3, 2015

Not An Inch

I see not an inch of the road before me, and  have no stock of strength or ability for the journey.   But I must live moment by moment on the Lord God,   who will make my feet like hinds' feet, to tread upon  very high places, even the God who performs all   things for me.

Moreover, to use another figure, I must lie in the   arms of my Beloved as a helpless infant, without  wisdom or power to do anything for myself but  believing that "the everlasting arms of love" will   prove a safe conveyance.


Oh! what a blessed Jesus we have who can so soften  affliction and so sweeten Marah's bitter stream, making us exceeding joyful even in tribulation.
 
[Ruth Bryan]
 
 
 
✞✞✞
 
 
 
 
2 Samuel 22:34 ... He maketh my feet like hinds' feet: and setteth me upon my high places.
 
 
 
 
Deuteronomy 33:27 ... The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms: and he shall thrust out the enemy from before thee; and shall say, Destroy them.
 
 
 
2 Corinthians 7:4 ... Great is my boldness of speech toward you, great is my glorying of you: I am filled with comfort, I am exceeding joyful in all our tribulation.