Monday, September 21, 2015

Christ Must Be All!

We cannot keep our eye too exclusively or too intently fixed on Jesus.

All salvation is in Him.  All salvation proceeds from Him. All salvation leads to Him.  And for the assurance and comfort of our salvation, we are to repose believingly and entirely on Him. 


Christ the beginning, Christ the center, and Christ the end.


Oh sweet truth to you who are sensible of your spiritual poverty, vileness, and insufficiency, and of the ten thousand flaws and failures of which, perhaps, no one is cognizant but God and your own soul! Oh, to turn and rest in Christ, a full Christ, a loving Christ, a tender Christ, whose heart's love never chills, from whose eye darts no reproof, from whose lips breathes no sentence of condemnation! Christ must be all!


[Octavius Winslow]


 photo cross_zpsxrylkiwm.jpg



Colossians 3:11 ... Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.



Hebrews 12:2 ...  Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.



Galatians 2:20 ...  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.❤