Saturday, September 5, 2015

I Have This Against You

Have we lost or left our first love?  If so, then has God something against us.

O, has not some
secret evil been in operation to cool our love, to abate our zeal, to separate us from our heavenly Father's smile?

Is it the love of the world?

Is it the love of the creature?

Is it ambitious designs, or sensual indulgence?

Search us, O God and enable us to search ourselves.



[Jared Waterbury]


 

 




Revelation 2:4 ...  Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.



Mark 12:30 ... And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.



Psalm 139:23-24 ...  Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:  And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.❤