Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Inward Enjoyment

That the believer may live cheerfully and comfortably, he is exhorted to the free and constant use of Christ.

O consider: Christ is given to us to be
enjoyed by us!

He is the bread of life we are to
feed upon Him daily.

He is the water of life, which our souls are to
drink of constantly.

He is our righteousness  we are to put Him on continually.

So then, we not only
have a precious Christ but we are also to enjoy His preciousness! He is not only a well of salvation but we must draw water out of it with joy  and drink of it to the refreshing of our souls!

Deeply consider, that without this inward enjoyment of Christ, you cannot be happy in your soul, comfortable in your walk, nor holy in your life.  We must live by faith upon Christ so as to derive a continual supply of grace, comfort, and strength from Him!



[William Mason]






Galatians 2:20 ... I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.❤