Friday, January 1, 2016

Feel My Bleeding Heart

What a miracle of love it is that God should love us,  when there was nothing lovely in us. We were rather  fit to be loathed than loved! We had something in us  to provoke God's fury but nothing to excite His love.


What love, passing understanding, was it that Christ should die for sinners! Augustine says, "The cross is a  pulpit and the lesson Christ preached on it is
LOVE."


Oh the wondrous love of a dying Savior! I think I hear  Christ say to us, "
Put your hand into the wound in  My side. Feel My bleeding heart. See if I do not  love you! And will you not bestow your love upon Me?  Will you love the world more than Me? Did the world  appease the wrath of God for you? Have I not done  all this? And will you not love Me?"

[Thomas Watson]



1 John 3:1... Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.



1 John 4:19 ... We love him, because he first loved us.



Ephesians 3:19 ... And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.❤