Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Unfailing Happiness

Here is one of the sweetest privileges of the Christian life. The Christian is a beloved child, and shares all the love and tenderness of the Father's heart!


This one thought is a fountain of unfailing happiness!
"I am at home with God!
Once I was far off but now I am near.
Once I was a stranger but now His beloved child!
Once the thought of His presence was fear and dread but now it is life, and joy, and peace.
He is my Father, and in this Name all heart-joys meet.
He knows me by name, and cares for me in all my cares.
He pities me, and in tender compassion marks each tear I shed, and each sorrow that weighs upon my heart.
He opens His hand, and each day gives me all that I need.
He bows down His ear and hearkens to each prayer I offer.
I have boldness and liberty to go at all times into His presence-chamber, and may tell Him every desire and ask of Him whatever is for my good."


[George Everard]

  ✞✞✞


1 John 3:1 ... Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.


Galatians 3:26 ... For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.


Ephesians 1:5 ... Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,❤