Saturday, June 4, 2016

My Father's Eye!

Can anyone hide himself from the Lord in secret places?  Can I, under any circumstances, escape His notice?  Impossible! The eye of God has been fixed upon me every second of this day; it is now at this moment fixed fully upon me. But it is my Father's eye! My Father sees in secret!


He sees my needs and my woes. He sees every secret working of my foes and will save me from them.  He sees every secret influence which is likely to injure me and will prevent it.  He sees the secret workings of my heart, my hidden thoughts, my unuttered desires, my soul conflicts, my private temptations.


But He sees also my secret sins! Every evil thought,  every unfitting word, every improper action passes under His eye! Solemn consideration this! May it make me cautious. May it preserve me from yielding to temptation, from nourishing sinful thoughts, and from acting inconsistent with my profession.


My heavenly Father sees me! He sees me at this moment! He sees me every moment! He sees my most secret motives, thoughts, and purposes! He who thus sees me hates every sin with an infinite hatred!




[James Smith]







Matthew 6:6 ... But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.




Psalm 139:7 ... Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?





Hebrews 4:13 ... Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.❤