Thursday, June 9, 2016

Our Sovereign Lord

How can you be a Christian and not be aware of the sovereignty of the God who has loved us to the death? To be sovereign, God must be the absolute, infinite, unqualified ruler in all realms in heaven and earth and sea. To be Lord over all the creation, He must be omnipotent. He must be omniscient. He must be omnipresent.


With all that is within me, I believe that the crucified and risen and glorified Savior, Jesus Christ, is the sovereign Lord. He takes no orders from anyone. He has no counselors and no advisers. He has no secretary to the throne. He knows in the one effortless act all that can be known and He has already lived out our tomorrows and holds the world in the palm of His hand. That is the Lord I serve! I gladly own that I am His; glory to God!


The Christ we know and serve is infinitely beyond all men and all angels and all archangels; above all principalities, powers, and dominions, visible and invisible for He is the origin of them all!




[A. W. Tozer]





Colossians 1:16 ... For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:



Acts 7:48-49 ... Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet, Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?


Psalm 103:19 ... The Lord hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all.❤