Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Good Works and Bad Works

I remember reading the response of a godly man, when on his deathbed, to his friends who spoke of the many good works he had performed.


"Good works! good works!" said the dying man, "I take my good works and my bad works, and cast them into one heap out of my sight, and turn to my only hope; the Cross of Christ!"


[Thomas Guthrie]






1 Corinthians 15:19 ...  If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.


Galatians 6:14 ... But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.



Colossians 1:27 ... To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:❤