Monday, October 24, 2016

May Our Thoughts Seldom Wonder From The Cross

We take our stand at Calvary.  The Cross is erected.  Jesus, the God-man, our substitute, our Redeemer, hangs there.  We look, and we receive assurance that truly He is bearing our curse,   drinking to the dregs our cup of wrath, receiving into His inmost soul the sword of justice, and  suffering the extremities of anguish as the penalty for our sins.  Oh! what a sight of wonder!


Views of redemption, lead to grateful love. It is far easier to count ocean's drops, than to portray the Savior's love,  His matchless worth,  His righteousness, and the glories which He has purchased.  How precious is that expiating blood! Let us ponder its worth, and the marvels it has wrought until our hearts become one blaze of love, and our lips one note of praise!


[Henry Law]







Psalm 22:1 ... My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?


Galatians 6:14 ... But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.


Luke 9:23 ... And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.❤