Tuesday, December 13, 2016

A Man Worked Up

We are sure that the Gospel we have preached is not according to men because it is opposed, even to this day. If anything is hated bitterly, it is the out-and-out Gospel of the grace of God, especially if that hateful word, "Sovereignty" is mentioned with it!



Dare to say, "He will have mercy on whom He will have mercy and He will have compassion on whom He will have compassion," and furious critics will revile you without stint!



The modern religionist not only hates the doctrine of Sovereign grace, but he raves and rages at the mention of it! He would sooner hear you blaspheme, than preach.    Election by the Father,  Atonement by the Son, or   Regeneration by the Spirit!  If you want to see a man worked up until the Satanic is clearly uppermost let modern religionists hear you preach a Free-Grace sermon!



A Gospel which is according to men, will be welcomed by men but it needs a Divine operation upon the heart and mind, to make a man willing to receive this distasteful gospel of the grace of God into his utmost soul!


[Charles H. Spurgeon]





  ✞  





Galatians 1:11 ... But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.



Romans 9:15 ... For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.


Acts 20:24 ...  But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.❤