Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Me Last!

Among the truly popular girls I have known, one stands out preeminently. I never knew one person who did not find her just lovable.


Once during her Sophomore year in high school, a group of her chums were discussing mottoes and naming their favorites. "Hitch your wagon to a star!" and "To the stars through difficulties!" were favored.


Turning to Jessie, someone said, "Haven't you a motto?"


"Yes," she said; "it is this: 'Me last!'"


"What do you mean by that?" the others asked.


"That's my motto, and I think it is a good one."


"But what does it mean?"


Then Jessie explained: "It means just what it says, 'me last.' That is, I am to think of myself last. I am to put everyone else ahead of me, and then can look after myself when everybody else is taken care of."


The girls saw, and they knew that right there lay the secret of her popularity.

[J.C. Pittman]





Mark 9:35 ... And he sat down, and called the twelve, and saith unto them, If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all.


John 13:14-15 ... If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.  For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.


Philippians 2:3 ... Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.❤


Image: Morgan Weistling