Wednesday, February 22, 2017

The Lot of A Christian

If I have no Cross to bear today, I shall not advance Heavenwards. To have no Cross, to lie quietly on a bed of down, may seem a very sweet existence but pleasant ease and rest are not the lot of a Christian.


Alas! for those who have no daily Cross! What will be my Cross today? How bear it? Dear Cross, you are helping me on, how ought I to love you!


To carry the Cross, is to join ourselves to the Savior, to company with Him.


[The Preachers Book]







Luke 14:27 ... And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.


Matthew 10:38 ... And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.


Mark 8:34 ... And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.❤