Thursday, March 30, 2017

When I Grumble About The Weather

Does God really hear every discontented word which I ever speak?


Does He hear when I grumble about the weather  about the hard winter, about the late spring, about the dry summer, about the wet harvest?


Does He hear when I grumble about the frosts, about the drought, about the high winds, about the storms?


Does He hear when I grumble about my circumstances, about the hardness of my lot, about my losses and disappointments?


If we could get into our heart, and keep there continually, the consciousness that God hears every word we speak would we murmur and complain so much as we now do?


We are careful never to speak words which would give pain to the hearts of those we love. Are we as careful not to say anything that will grieve our heavenly Father?


[Charles H. Spurgeon]


Exodus 16:8 ... And Moses said, This shall be, when the Lord shall give you in the evening flesh to eat, and in the morning bread to the full; for that the Lord heareth your murmurings which ye murmur against him: and what are we? your murmurings are not against us, but against the Lord.


Jude 16 ... These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.


Matthew 12:36 ... But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.❤