Friday, June 23, 2017

A Measure of Peace

I may express all my complaints in one short sentence: "I am a poor creature!"  And all my hopes and comforts may be summed up as briefly, by saying: "I have a rich and gracious Savior!"


Full as I am in myself of inconsistencies and conflicts, I have in Him, a measure of peace.  He found me in a waste howling wilderness and He redeemed me from the house of misery and bondage.  And though I have been ungrateful and perverse, He has not yet forsaken me and never will.  He is able to hold even me up to pity, support and supply me to the end of life.


How suitable a Savior! He is made all things to those who have nothing and is engaged to help those who can do nothing.


[John Newton]


  ✞✞



Hebrews 7:25 ... Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.


Hebrews 13:5 ... Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.



Ephesians 3:18-19 ... May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;  And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.❤