Sunday, June 18, 2017

What a Comfort is This!

Christ knows all of His sheep.  His knowing His sheep is His loving them. This is a great consolation.


He knows every one of their names.  "He calls His own sheep by name." John 10:3


He knows all the sighs and groans they make. "My groaning is not hidden from You." Psalm 38:9


Christ knows every tear they shed. "I have seen your tears!" 2 Kings 20:5


He bottles their tears as precious wine! "You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in Your bottle. You have recorded each one in Your book." Psalm 56:8


He knows all their sufferings. "I have seen the way the Egyptians are oppressing them." Exodus 3:9  "The Lord saw the bitter suffering of everyone in Israel." 2 Kings 14:26


Christ knows all their good works, all their works of piety and charity.  "I know all the things you do. I have seen your hard work and your patient endurance." Revelation 2:2



[Thomas Watson]




John 10:14 ... I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.


John 10:11 ... I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.


Matthew 25:33-34 ... And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.  Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:❤