Sunday, September 24, 2017

Endless, Sinless, Sorrowless Immortality!

Here, Lord, I have "no continuing city." I would not desire to live here always.  Change is the portion of my earthly pilgrimage. Lord, wean me from this uncertain world!


Bring me to live under the influence of eternal realities. I rejoice to think of the happy myriads already in glory, safe in the presence of the Master they love, with every tear drop wiped away. May the thought of that endless, sinless, sorrowless immortality reconcile me to all of earth's severest discipline.


Let me not murmur under the heaviest cross in the prospect of such a crown. Let me not refuse to pass cheerfully through the hottest furnace which is to refine and purify me for this exceeding and eternal weight of glory!  Allow me to bear with calm serenity, whatever cross You see fit to lay upon me.


[John MacDuff]


✞✞✞




Psalm 30:5 ... For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.




Revelation 21:3-4 ... And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.


Isaiah 25:8 ... He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord God will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the Lord hath spoken it.❤