Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Refer it Back to Him

It was an excellent reply that a Christian mother once made to a friend when her beloved and only child lay in a dangerous sickness at the point of death.


The friend asked the mother, "What would you now ask of God, in reference to your child? Would you beg Him for your child's life?"


The mother answered, "I refer that to the will of God."


"But," said her friend, "if God would refer it to you, what would you choose then?"


"Why truly," said she, "if God would refer it to me, I would refer it back to Him again!"


[John Flavel]

✞ ✞ ✞ 




1 Samuel 3:18 ... And Samuel told him every whit, and hid nothing from him. And he said, It is the Lord: let him do what seemeth him good.




Job 1:21 ... And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.


Luke 22:42 ... Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.



Acts 21:14 ... And when he would not be persuaded, we ceased, saying, The will of the Lord be done.