Thursday, April 12, 2018
Lessons The Spirit Teaches
1. The Spirit teaches us the worth of the soul.
2. The Spirit teaches us the value of time.
3. The Spirit teaches us to venerate the holy Scriptures as the infallible rule to guide our faith and practice.
4. The Spirit teaches us of our ruined and condemned state. He gives the soul a glimpse of indwelling sin by which it is convinced of its total depravity. Oh, what a multitude of evils! What a fountain of impurity! What a mass of corruption! The heart is found to be deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked. There is found nothing in it truly good.
5. The Spirit teaches us to prize Christ above all. "To you who believe He is precious." The disciple treasures Jesus as his infallible Prophet, his sovereign King, his sin-atoning Priest.
6. The Spirit teaches us to roll all our burdens on the Lord, and to live outside of ourselves by daily desiring vital supplies from Christ.
7. The Spirit teaches us the beauty of holiness.
8. The Spirit teaches us the reality and sweetness of communion with God. While many are contented to worship in the outward court the Christian desires to penetrate into the holy of holies, where he can hear the words, and see the resplendent face of Immanuel.
John 14:26 ... But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.