Wednesday, April 4, 2018

The Narrow Way!

We should be humbled at the recollection of how frequently we grumbled because His way was not the one we desired. We should judge ourselves unsparingly because we so often lagged behind, and sought to turn aside into forbidden bypaths. We should ponder the amazing grace of God in condescending to lead us across this trackless desert; and think, too, of His infinite forbearance in continuing to lead us who are so ungrateful and contrary.




We should praise Him for having kept us in the Narrow Way which we would have certainly forsaken, had we been left to follow the bent of our own evil lusts. And we also should return fervent thanks that we are now a year's march nearer to our Heavenly Home.




[A. W. Pink]



Deuteronomy 8:2 ... And thou shalt remember all the way which the Lord thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, and to prove thee, to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no.





Psalm 139:23-24 ... Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:  And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.❤