Sunday, December 30, 2018

Engraved!

"Behold," says infinite God, "I have engraved you on the palms of My hands!"
Not on the mountains, as colossal as they are, for they shall depart; not on any page of nature's vast volume, for the last fires shall scorch them; not on blazing sun, for it shall grow dim with age; not on glorious heavens, for they shall be folded together as a scroll.


But on the hand which made the worlds, the hand which was transfixed on the cruel cross, the hand of infinite might and unmeasurable love; I have engraved you there! No corroding power can efface the writing, or obliterate your name!


You are Mine now, and Mine forever!


[John MacDuff]







Isaiah 49:15-16 … Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.  Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.




Isaiah 43:1 … But now thus saith the Lord that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.



John 10:28-29 … And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.  My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.