Thursday, February 1, 2024

Preparing a Place!!

What a wondrous thought! Jesus is now busied in Heaven in His people's behalf! He can find no abode in all His wide dominions, befitting as a permanent dwelling for His ransomed ones. 

He says, "I will make a new heaven and a new earth. I will found a special kingdom. I will rear eternal mansions expressly for those I have redeemed with my blood!" 

Orphaned pilgrims, dry your tears! Soon the sighs of a groaning and burdened creation will be heard no more. Soon He will come again, to receive those who followed Him in His cross, to be everlasting partakers with Him in His crown! 

[John MacDuff] 

 ✞  ✞  ✞ 

John 14:2-3 ... In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Philippians 1:21-23 ... For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.  But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not. For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: