Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Pilot Me!!

 Jesus, Savior, pilot me,

Over life's tempestuous sea.
Unknown waves before me roll,
Hiding rock and treacherous shoal.
Chart and compass came from Thee:
Jesus, Savior, pilot me.

As a mother stills her child,
You can hush the ocean wild;
Boisterous waves obey Your will
When You say to them, "Be still!"
Wondrous Sovereign of the sea,
Jesus, Savior, pilot me.

When at last I near the shore,
And the fearful breakers roar
'Twixt me and the peaceful rest,
Then, while leaning on Your breast,
May I hear You say to me,
"Fear not, I will pilot thee!"


[Edward Hopper]

 ✞  ✞  ✞ 

Psalm 77:20 ... Thou leddest thy people like a flock by the hand of Moses and Aaron.


Psalm 139:10 ... Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.

Isaiah 63:14 ... As a beast goeth down into the valley, the Spirit of the Lord caused him to rest: so didst thou lead thy people, to make thyself a glorious name.