Thursday, August 22, 2024

Gender Affirming is WRONG

My feelings of being in the wrong body started when I was a toddler. I hated girl toys, and I only wanted to play with boys, I had short hair and dressed myself like a boy. I didn't understand other girls my age, so I felt out of place. When someone would mistake me for a boy, I would feel so good, much to the chagrin of my older sister who would quickly correct them and exclaim, "that's my SISTER." 

At 4 I worked up the courage to ask my mom, "Does God make mistakes, because I think I was supposed to be born a boy?" My mother replied, "No God doesn't ever make mistakes, he made you exactly the way you're supposed to be, a beautiful little girl." And that was that. I didn't have any more delusions because my mom cleared it up for me right then and there. 

Don't get me wrong I still didn't like my body and dreaded growing breasts one day, but I didn't have to question if there was something wrong with me. I was allowed time to grow up, and once I hit puberty, I not only felt like I was in the right body, but I became a girly girl! 

If I was born in our society today, I know I would have been "affirmed" by my teachers and started on a cascade of interventions that would have left me infertile, mutilated and without the husband and two beautiful children that I have today. Our kids don't need to be socially or medically transitioned. They need to be left alone, and they need time to grow up." 

[Brittany Traynor]


Psalm 139:13-14 ... For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.  I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.