Tuesday, September 3, 2024

The Hard Couch of Sorrow!

Exquisite tenderness melts in these words. Assurance of compassion is most sweetly stated. Let no believer faint in the hour of trial. His feet may travel in affliction's road. He may be called to lie on the hard couch of sorrow. Troubles may roll over him as wave upon wave. But the eye of divine love ever watches him, the heart of divine love ever throbs sympathetically for him, the ear of divine love ever listens to his cry, the hand of divine love will in due season be outstretched to help him. 

The patient sufferer will sing with David in Psalm 18:19, "He led me to a place of safety; He rescued me because He delights in me." 

[Henry Law] 

Exodus 3:7 ... And the Lord said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows;

✫❤•°*”˜˜”*°•❤✫...•°*”˜˜”*°•.❤✫...•°*”˜˜”*°•.❤✫