Saturday, April 30, 2011

God's Wings

After a forest fire, forest rangers began their trek up a mountain to assess the inferno’s damage.One ranger found a bird literally petrified in ashes, perched statuesquely on the ground at the base of the tree. Somewhat sickened by the eerie sight, he knocked over the bird with a stick. When he struck it, three tiny chicks scurried from under their dead mother’s wings.

The loving mother, keenly aware of impending disaster, had carried her offspring to the base of the tree and had gathered them under her wings, instinctively knowing that the toxic smoke would rise. She could have flown away to safety, but had refused to abandon her babies.

Then the blaze had arrived and the heat had scorched her small body, the mother remained steadfast….because she had been willing to die so those under the cover of her wings would live.

Jesus saw the coming of His death as he prayed in the Garden the night before His trial, but like the bird in the story above; He choose death, that we might live. Give thanks to the One who loves you and trust Him to keep you in the shelter of His wings!

[Author Unknown]




Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings, Psalm 17:8

How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings. Psalm 36:7

Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast. Psalm 57:1

I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings. Selah. Psalm 61:4

Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice. Psalm 63:7

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. Psalm 91:4 ♥