Monday, May 30, 2011

The Price of Freedom

O, God,


I stand atop a grassy knoll
And see so clearly Freedom's toll


‘Neath cross and star in row on row
They rest as we in Freedom go.


O, God,


Help me never to forget
The price they paid with faces set


Toward victory, and lives of peace
For us who rest in Freedom's ease.


The cost of Freedom I now see
I'll not forget it was for me


They paid with all that they could give.
They rest 'neath cross and star. I live.


O, God.


[Author Unknown]


1 John 3:16 … Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.


John 5:13 … Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.



~ Remembering those who sacrificed their lives for America's freedom.... Have a blessed Memorial Day  ♥