Sunday, May 29, 2011

Written in Red

♥ I love you ♥ that’s what Calvary says ~

In letters of crimson God wrote His love
On a hillside so long, long ago
For you and for me Jesus died
And love’s greatest story was told

I love you, I love you
That’s what Calvary said
I love you, I love you
I love you written in red

Down through the ages God wrote His love
With the same hands that suffered and bled
Giving all that He had to give
A message so easily read

I love you, I love you
That’s what Calvary said
I love you…

Oh precious is the flow
That makes me white as snow
No other fount I know
Nothing but the blood of Jesus

I love you, I love you
That’s what Calvary said
I love you, I love you
I love you written in red

[Written by: Gordon Jenson]

Romans 5:8 … But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Ephesians 5:2 … And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.

2 Thessalonians 2:16 … Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace,

Revelation 1:5 … And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

John 3:16 … For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. ♥