Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Let Go and Let God

As children bring their broken toys with tears for us to mend, I brought my broken dreams to God because He was my Friend.

But then instead of leaving Him in peace to work alone, I hung around and tried to help with ways that that were my own.

At last I snatched them back and cried, "How can You be so slow?" "My child," He said, "What could I do? You never did let go."

[Author Unknown]




Isaiah 55:8-9 … For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.


Philippians 4:6-7 … Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.


Matthew 6:34 … Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.


Proverbs 3:5-6 … Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ♥