Wednesday, May 13, 2015

The Little Foxes

Though there may be nothing in my outward conduct for which the Lord is chastising me, yet it is likely there is something within against which He is intimating His displeasure, and for which He requires me to humble myself.

A spirit of selfishness,   the allowing of pride,   the workings of self-will,   the stirrings of rebellion when Divine Providence crosses me,   the exercise of self-righteousness may be the plague-spots of my soul which need purging.

In the rush and pressure of every-day life, the little foxes that are ruining the vineyards are apt to be neglected; and if we are careless, then we must not be surprised if we are placed on our backs for a season  that there may be time for reflection and opportunity for closer dealings between the soul and God,   that the hidden things of darkness may be brought out into the light and faithfully dealt with.

[A. W. Pink]
 
 
✞✞✞
 
 
Song of Solomon 2:15 ... Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
 
 
 
Psalm 139:23-24 ... Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:  And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
 
 
 
1 Corinthians 4:5 ... Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.