Monday, October 10, 2016

I Would Not Live Here Always

In his best hours, home, his own sinless home, a home with his Father above that starry sky will be the wish of every Christian. He looks around him, the world is full of suffering; he is distressed by its sorrows, and vexed with its sins. He looks within him, he finds much in his own corruptions to grieve for. In the language of a heart repelled, grieved, vexed, he often turns his eye upward, saying, "I would not live here always!"

Not for all the gold of the world's mines;  not for all the pearls of her seas;  not for all the pleasures of her flashing, frothy cup; not for all the crowns of her kingdoms would I live here always!  Like a bird about to migrate to those sunny lands where no winter sheds her snows, or strips the grove, or binds the dancing streams, the Christian will often in spirit be pruning his wing for the hour of his flight to glory!




[Thomas Guthrie]


✞✞✞




Job 7:16 ... I loathe it; I would not live alway: let me alone; for my days are vanity.


Psalm 55:6 ... And I said, Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away, and be at rest.



Philippians 1:23 ... For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:❤