Sunday, February 19, 2017

The Crosses We Make

A cross is composed of two pieces of wood. The shorter piece represents your will and the longer piece represents God's will. Lay the two pieces side by side and there is no cross; but lay the shorter piece across the longer one and you have a cross.


Just so, whenever our will falls across God's will there is a cross in our life. We make a cross for ourselves every time we do not accept Christ's way, every time we murmur at anything He sends, every time we will not do what He commands.


But when we quietly accept what He gives, when we yield in sweet acquiescence to His will, though it shatters our fairest hopes, when we let our will lie alongside His there are no crosses in our life, and we have found the peace of Christ.




[J. R. Miller]


  ✞✞



Luke 22:42 ... Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.


Matthew 26:42 ... He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.


Psalm 40:8 ... I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.❤