Tuesday, April 25, 2017

A Quiet Hour

A quiet hour spent alone with God at the beginning of the day, is the best beginning for the toils and cares of the day. A brief season of prayer, looking to God for wisdom and grace and strength, and seeking the assistance of the Holy Spirit helps us to carry our religion into all of the events of the day. It brings joy and peace within the heart.

And as we place all our concerns in the care and keeping of the Lord, faithfully striving to do His will, we have a joyful trust that however dark or discouraging events may appear our Father's hand is guiding everything, and will give the wisest direction to all our toils.


[Charles H. Spurgeon]


✞✞✞

Ezekiel 12:8 ... And in the morning came the word of the Lord unto me, saying,


Psalm 5:3 ... My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.


Psalm 143:8 ... Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee.❤