Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Waiting

Biblically, waiting is not just something we have to do until we get what we want. Waiting is part of the process of becoming what God wants us to be.

[John Ortberg]



Psalm 27:14... Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

Isaiah 25:9... And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.

Galatians 5:5... For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

Romans 8:25... But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

John 5:25... Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

Psalm 37:7... Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way,

Psalm 40:1... I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.

Psalm 25:5… Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.

Psalm 62:1... Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation.

Psalm 62:5... My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him. ♥