Friday, September 9, 2011

At the Foot of the Cross

At the foot of the cross
Where grace and suffering meet
You have shown me Your love
Through the judgment You received

And You've won my heart
Yes, You've won my heart

Now I can…
Trade these ashes in for beauty
And wear forgiveness like a crown
Coming to kiss the feet of mercy
I lay every burden down

At the foot of the cross

At the foot of the cross
Where I am made complete
You have given me life
Through the death you bore for me

And You've won my heart
Yes, You've won my heart

Now I can…
Trade these ashes in for beauty
And wear forgiveness like a crown
Coming to kiss the feet of mercy
I lay every burden down

At the foot of the cross

I trade these ashes in for beauty
And wear forgiveness like a crown
Coming to kiss the feet of mercy
I lay every burden down

I lay every burden down
At the foot of the cross

[sung by: Kathryn Scott]



Hebrews 12:2 … Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Ephesians 2:16 … And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

Colossians 2:14 … Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Isaiah 61:3 … To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified. ♥