Saturday, September 24, 2011

Strength Will Rise ... As We Wait Upon The Lord

There are times when solitude is better than society, and silence is wiser than speech. We should be better Christians if we were more alone, waiting upon God and gathering through meditation on His Word spiritual strength for labour in his service. We ought to muse upon the things of God, because we thus get the real nutriment out of them.

[Charles H. Spurgeon]


Hosea 12:6 … Therefore turn thou to thy God: keep mercy and judgment and wait on thy God continually.

Psalm 25:5 … Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.

Isaiah 40:31 … But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Psalm 27:14 … Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD. ♥