Sunday, November 6, 2011

Press On

The man of God must go against the current. He is not to be swept back-but he is always pressing forward, ever seeking to make and advance, contending for every inch, and making up his mind that, come what may, he cannot go back. That is not his way–he must go forward, ever pressing on toward the city that has foundations.

[Charles H. Spurgeon]

     

Colossians 3:1-2 … If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

2 Timothy 4:8 … Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Luke 9:62 … And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 9:24 … Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

Philippians 3:13-14 … Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. ♥