Monday, December 26, 2011

The Day After Christmas

The day after Christmas is a day of broken toys, opened boxes, torn packages, thread and ribbons galore, the surprises all over, thank you’s all said. A long time coming and so soon gone!

But, when Jesus Christ is born in our hearts, there are no sad days after, no waiting a year, no putting away the thank you’s for another twelve months. Every day is Christmas when the Savior lives within, the same today as yesterday. Each day brings fresh gifts from above, not a holiday but a holy day. And we are not merely the recipients, we give because He gave, we love because He loved, and we want to share Him with everybody.

Once-a-year Christmas on the calendar is precious, but there is no “day after” when we can say, “Christ liveth in me.”

[Vance Havner]



Hebrews 13:8 … Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Galatians 2:20 … I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.