Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Great I AM

On the cross, He bled and died,
My love for Him won’t be denied.
Through all the World His name resounds,
His love for man eternally abounds.

He was buried in a tomb, the entrance was sealed,
Now He has risen, by His stripes we are healed.
I bow down to You Jesus, in reverence and awe,
You dwell in my heart, it is You I adore.

You are my Salvation, the Great I Am,
The Father’s Son, the Precious Lamb.
You are my Strength when I am weak,
It is You my Saviour whom I seek.

Touch my heart Jesus, show me the way,
Abide in me, strengthen me day by day.
Because of Your sin-bearing death and resurrection,
I now have a life filled with purpose and direction.

[Doug McVicar © 2005] (shared from The Hand of God)

Isaiah 53:5 ... But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. ♥