Saturday, March 24, 2012

Bride of Christ


The Bride of Christ what can this mean? Can I be married to a man unseen? Can I honour love and obey? Commit to Him forever and a day?

It changed my life when I heard His call. It's more than giving my life my all. My heart was softened I became brand new. And this can be for everyone too.

Although we are separate from our groom, We need to be ready for He is coming soon. Living a life that's faithful to Him. And keeping ourselves free from sin.

It's by His Spirit not by power or might, That our lives become a shining light. We have to be clean from deep inside, So we can be His spotless bride.

The Church will be united when that Great Day arrives, A wedding feast for all who have given him their lives. They will be all dressed in white waiting for their Groom, So all that's left to say is "Come Lord Jesus" - soon.

[© 2009 Lesley Mills]

Revelation 19:7-9 ... Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God. ❤