Saturday, April 28, 2012

His Grasp

When a person has the fullness of the Spirit of God, he will experience great conflicts with the Devil. God allows temptation because it does for us what storms do for oak trees, rooting us deeper, and it does for us what heat does for paint on porcelain, giving us long-lasting endurance.  You will never fully realize the level of strength of your grasp on Christ, or His grasp on you, until the Devil uses all his force to attract you to himself. It is then you will feel the tug of Christ’s hand.

[Charles H. Spurgeon]



Isaiah 41:10 ... Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.


2 Peter 2:9 ... The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:


John 10:28 ... And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. ❤