~ And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him. Colossians 3:17
2. Be honest. Know your weaknesses and trust God to bridge the gaps. Recognize your gifts and talents, not your own ability. Be eager to receive in love when truth is spoken to you. Wrap the feedback you give in tenderness.
~ Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him: Colossians 3:9-10
3. Take responsibility. Look in the mirror, not out of the window when things go wrong. Be quick to apologize and seek forgiveness. Own what do and do well what you own.
~ Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall: 2 Peter 1:10
4. Choose contentment. Focus on where you are right now and be anxious for nothing. Carry the burden for those that have less and celebrate those that have more. Accept that the season you are in as exactly where God wants you to be.
~ Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7
5. Affirm others. Share the good you see in others that they may not be able to see in themselves. Value people and let them know they matter to you. Create new possibilities and always believe the best.
~ Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel; Philippians 1:27
6. Move in quiet confidence. Embrace the mercy and grace allotted for you each day, and then give them both away. Know there’s not a mistake you can make that God hasn’t already covered. Remember that same grace covers your neighbor, too.
~ When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. Isaiah 43:2
7. Be forgiving. Forgive offenses as soon as they happen. Expect nothing and give everything, no matter how much the world thinks you’ve been wronged. Strive to understand before you’re understood.
~ Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye. Colossians 3:13
8. Live to serve. Be quick to help, even when it’s not convenient. Offer your best to improve someone’s ideas or situation and ‘gift’ him or her the credit for it. Make following first be the way you lead. Do everything you do all for Him.
~ And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ. Colossians 3:23-24
9. Be teachable. Keep your heart wide open. Admit what you don’t know and allow people to pour into your life. Let all you learn bless and be a blessing to others.
~ Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not. Jeremiah 33:3
10. Extend kindness. Approach each day with gentleness and generousity. Find unexpected ways to surprise and bring delight. Give in secret what only you can give.
~ Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another; Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord; Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer; Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality. Romans 12:10-13 ❤
[message from the Internet]