Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Humble Instruments

God is not looking for extraordinary characters as His instruments, but He is looking for humble instruments through whom He can be honored throughout the ages.

[A.B. Simpson]




2 Corinthians 4:6-7 ... For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.


Isaiah 66:2 ... For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.


Psalm 86:12 ... I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore.


James 4:6 ... But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.


1 Corinthians 10:31 ... Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. ❤