Monday, September 17, 2012

Stability

Hope is called the anchor of the soul because it gives stability to the Christian life. But hope is not simply a 'wish' (I wish that such-and-such would take place) rather, it is that which latches on to the certainty of the promises of the future that God has made.

[R.C. Sproul]






Hebrews 6:19... Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil;


Lamentations 3:22-24 ...  It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.


Jeremiah 29:11 ... For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. ❤