Sunday, February 16, 2014

Not Ashamed of The Saviour

A young preacher was called out of a life of sin to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ. He had repented of his sin and was made new. Right before he entered the pulpit to preach one Sunday morning, someone slipped him a note.
 
The note read, “Aren’t you ashamed of yourself? You are up there telling people to get right with God and look at your sin!” The person had known this man in his past and listed his sins in detail. Do you know what the young preacher did?
 
He read the note, bowed his head in prayer, stood up, and said, “Ladies and gentleman I have just received a note and here is what it says.” Then in front of the church he read every one of those sins without leaving out a one. And then he said this, “Yes, I am ashamed of myself. But I am not ashamed of my Savior!”
 
[Adrian Rogers]


✞✞✞



Romans 1:16 ... For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.



2 Timothy 1:12 ... For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.


Philippians 1:20 ... According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.



Mark 8:38 ... Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.