Thursday, October 9, 2014

Follow Thou Me

Follow~not go ahead at thine own pleasure, Nor turn aside at thine own wayward will, Nor stray afar in search of other treasure, But close at hand, where I can aid thee still; Across the sea and through the desert places, Onward and upward by the one sure way, Till thou shalt sit with me in heavenly places Amid the splendors of eternal day.

And~follow thou; for thee my call is sounded; All that I suffered~was it not for thee? For thee my soul was bruised, my body wounded, I died, from sin and death to set thee free; No other hand could write thine own life-story, No other make thy choice of gain or loss, No other win and wear thy crown of glory, No other lift and bear thy destined cross.

Follow thou me~though stranger voices hail thee,  I am the way and there is none beside;There is no other staff that shall not fail thee,  There is no other eye than mine to guide; There is no other shepherd who can fold thee By such still waters, in such pastures fair; There is no other arm can safely hold thee, In doubt and danger, darkness and despair.

Trust me to lead thee home to God and heaven;  What others do or say is naught to thee; No other light, no other truth, is given; Follow~follow thou~follow me.

[Annie Johnson Flint]



John 21:20-22 ... Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee?  Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do?  Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.


1 Timothy 6:11 ... But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.


Mark 10:21 ... Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.