Friday, January 23, 2015

A Very Great Attainment

It is a very great attainment to lie passive in God's hands, and know no will but His.


[William Plumer]




1 Samuel 3:18 ... And Samuel told him every whit, and hid nothing from him. And he said, It is the Lord: let him do what seemeth him good.

Job 1:21 ... And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.

Acts 21:14 ... And when he would not be persuaded, we ceased, saying, The will of the Lord be done.

Luke 22:42 ... Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

Psalm 40:8 ... I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.

Matthew 6:10 ... Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.