Thursday, May 28, 2015

My Heart Leaps Within Me

Jesus is an ocean of delights, a sea of pleasure, a fountain of bliss! There is enough in Jesus, and in the happiness which we shall eternally enjoy:  to comfort the most dejected saint, to soothe the sorrows of the most tried soul,   to strengthen the weakest, and to stimulate the most feeble to press onward in the path of tribulation!

O for  more spirituality of soul,   more conformity to His lovely likeness,  more unreserved dedication to His holy service!

I often try thus to praise His dear name but am hindered by this heavy clog of clay,  by my evil heart of unbelief, and  by Satan presenting something to the mind to alarm, or draw me aside.

But shortly understanding, mind, will, and affections will all be sweetly engaged and employed in ascribing, "Blessing and honor, thanksgiving and power to Him who sits upon the throne, and to the Lamb forever!"

My heart leaps within me at the thought of thus giving perfect and perpetual praise to my beloved Lord!

[James Smith]




Song of Solomon 5:16 ... His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem.

Psalm 138:14 ... Let them praise the name of the Lord: for his name alone is excellent; his glory is above the earth and heaven.

Revelation 5:13 ... And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.