Monday, June 1, 2015

I Am Not Skilled to Understand



I am not skilled to understand    
What God hath willed, what God hath planned;  I only know at His right hand, Is One who is my Savior!

I take Him at His word indeed; Christ died for sinners" this I read; For in my heart I find a need Of Him to be my Savior!

That He should leave His place on high, And come for sinful man to die, You count it strange? So once did I,
Before I knew my Savior!

And oh, that He fulfilled may see, The travail of His soul in me, And with His work contented be, As I with my dear Savior!

Yea, living, dying, let me bring, My strength, my solace from this spring; That He who lives to be my king, Once died to be my Savior!

[Dorothy Greenwell - 1873]

Romans 5:7-8 ... For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.  But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 8:34 ... Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Hebrews 12:12 ... Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.