Saturday, July 18, 2015

O How Wonderful

If some of my congregation knew me better, they would love me less!  Yet my heavenly Father knows me well, favors me much,  and loves me wonderfully!
 
O how strange that God should love a worm, a dung-hill worm, one who was bred in sin, loved sin, felt at home in sin, and at times felt regret that he was debarred from some sins!
 
O if God had left me to myself what would I have been, and what would I have done!
 
Surely, surely, I must say, that divine love and wisdom have planned my path from first to last. 
 
I am out of Hell, on the way to Heaven, employed by God, useful to saints, and a blessing to sinners!

O how wonderful, how wonderful is this!
 
[James Smith]
 
 
  ✞✞✞
 
 
Romans 5:8 ... But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
 
 
 
Matthew 18:18 ... Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
 
 
1 Corinthians 15:10 ... But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. ❤